Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

WHY I SUPPORT THE BAN



As a proponent of the recent photography ban, I have been asked to write an article giving my reasons for supporting such an action. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, although the majority of members I have spoken to were in accord with my views.

First on my list against commercial photography in Nudism, and as a woman, it fails to truly represent Nudism. So many of our “Nudist” magazines are cheapening our image with a trend to competition with “Girlie” magazines. I have nothing against the publishers of these Nudist magazines. Some are probably Nudists of the highest caliber, but as they themselves say, nudist magazines are sold largely to a non-nudfst public, and true nudist pictures just do not sell. Well and good, but why should those same publishers profit at our expense? Perhaps this ban will help in our protest against such publications. I certainly hope so.

Secondly, I feel that too many of our members are excluded from participation in events at club and intra-club activities by the requirement of a pictorial lay-out of all contests. When these members join our organization, we promise them that their privacy will be respected at all times. These members often work long and hard for the benefit of all of us, and yet when it comes time for the fun part of nudism, they are penalized because perhaps they cannot afford to have their picture printed in a nudist magazine. To me this seems totally unfair.

Fraternity Snoqualamie has started on its second season with a ban on commercial photography, and from all indications last season's ban was well received. We had people participating that had never been able to before.

To those of you who are satisfied with our public image as represented through photography today, my views will probably sound stuffy, but to those who wish a truer, more natural expression of our way of life, I urge you to let your desires be known to the general membership, and to the Executive Board of your club.
Betty Johnson

(Source: The Bulletin, Volume 14, No. 5, May 1965)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our new site for naturism welcomes you!

  https://gymnokratia.gr